PICNIK SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP RECIPE
spinach artichoke dip gets a modern update with fresh, functional ingredients including grass-fed collagen.
You know it's going to be a good party when a big bowl of warm, cheesy spinach artichoke dip sits front and center on the hor d'oeuvre table.
This recipe is low-carb, sugar-free, keto-friendly, and loaded with alkalizing greens like spinach and collard greens. It's super easy to make and can be prepared a day or two ahead of time and placed in the oven to bake when you're ready. It's an easy, peasy appetizer that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Let's dive in...
Picnik Creamer Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 2 10 oz. bags frozen organic whole leaf spinach; thawed, drained, and squeezed
- 1 10 oz. bag frozen organic collard greens; thawed, drained, and squeezed
- 1 14 oz. can organic, quartered baby artichokes; drained and rough chopped
- 1 4.9 oz. can organic water chestnuts; rough chopped
- 1 cup yellow onions; medium diced
- 2 tbsp. garlic; chopped
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp. nutmeg; grated
- 2 cups raw parmesan cheese + ½ cup set aside
- 2 ½ cups Picnik Collagen Creamer
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil + 2 tbsp. set aside
- salt + black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Next, using a pastry brush, take the 2 tbsp. of avocado oil and grease the bottom of a 9 x 9 casserole baking dish. Set aside.
- Working in a heavy bottom sauce pot, add the 3 tbsp. of avocado oil and place over medium high heat.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the 1 cup of medium diced onions. Season with salt only.
- Allow the onions to sauté, stirring often, until they become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic and stir to incorporate. Allow the garlic to soften for a minute.
- Next, sprinkle the tapioca starch over the onion and garlic mixture and stir to combine. The mixture will start to thicken.
- Now, add the Picnik Collagen Creamer and stir to combine.
- Continue to stir the mixture until it comes to a full boil and becomes very thick.
- Once the mixture has thickened, remove from heat, and add the nutmeg, raw parmesan, water chestnuts, and artichokes hearts and stir to combine.
- Now, add the spinach and collard greens and stir to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared casserole or baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining raw parmesan over the top of the mixture.
- Place the casserole in the 350F degree oven until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve with almond flour tortilla chips or your favorite toasted gluten-free bread.