keep the party caffeinated with three holiday coffee cocktails
While the holidays may look a bit different this year, toasting with a festive beverage is always a surefire way to create some holiday cheer. As you're preparing your holiday bar this season, consider coffee: deep and earthy, the flavors of coffee provide the perfect compliment for both Picnik Creamer and the spirit of your choice. (It also gives you a much needed a pep in your step while waiting on the roast to cook.)
Here at Picnik, we believe there's room for coffee at every hour of the day– and cocktail hour is no exception! Keep reading for three recipes to keep you buzzing this season.
BYOB (build-your-own-bar!) HOLIDAY HOT CHOCOLATE
- 1 25oz carton of Picnik Collagen Creamer
- 1 25oz carton of Picnik Keto Creamer
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (we love Droste!)
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice (we use Guittard Real Semisweet Chocolate Chips)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- peppermint extract/flavor/essential oil (optional + quantity is to taste)
- candy canes
- whipped cream
- coffee liquor (recipe below!)
- irish cream liquor
PICNIK CREAMER WHITE RUSSIAN
We make a house-made coffee liqueur with maple, vanilla, vodka and coffee, and use our Picnik Keto Creamer for rich texture. Perfect for brunch or as dessert!
- 1 pint of ice
- 1 slice of orange
- 2 tsp. maple sugar
- 2 oz. coffee liqueur (see below)
- 1 oz. vodka of your choice
- 2 oz. Picnik Keto Creamer
Picnik Coffee Liqueur:
- 24 oz. vodka
- 8 tbsp. ground coffee
- 12 oz. maple syrup
- 2 oz. vanilla extract
CLOUD FOAM COFFEE MARTINI
- 2 oz vodka
- 2 oz of Picnik Coffee Liqueur (recipe above!)
- 2/3 oz freshly brewed coffee
Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes. Add all ingredients and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosty. Strain and pour into a prepared martini glass.
cloud foam topping:
- 2 egg whites (we love Vital Farms!)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Picnik Keto Creamer
- 1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
Beat egg whites on high until soft peaks form. Add maple syrup and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
Add Picnik Creamer and cinnamon or pumpkin spice (you can also skip this step and use the spice for garnish only!) Beat or blend lightly until smooth.
Spoon cloud foam over top of the coffee martini, garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and enjoy immediately!